Wisconsin Child Care Providers Together (WICCPT) is a union formed by family child care providers for child care providers. WICCPT/ AFSCME is working to improve the quality of child care and child care work in Wisconsin through unionization and collective negotiations.
WICCPT prides itself on building relationships with child care providers and advocates throughout the state. By working as a unified voice we have been able to gain recognition and respect. Through our efforts we have seen our work turn into tangible results. We have laid our foundation, but must continue to advocate for our working families.
Working together as one, has improved our standing and has allowed us to be heard. This has given us the political clout, resources, and strength to face the difficult challenges providers confront every day. We believe by engaging our providers in the political process we can become an effective and powerful voice.
By becoming a member, you'll be provided with great resources. You'll be part of a team that works with local agencies to improve the quality of child care, and most importantly, you'll be part of the decision making process.
We hope that you will become part of our magnificent team and help protect our children!
Our goals are to:
- Improve quality child care by providing training initiatives
- Strengthen our voice by working with local child care organizations
- Gain collective bargaining rights through lobbying efforts
- Protect the quality of life for all Wisconsin families
- Ensure that child care providers are included in discussions regarding program implementation and proposed rule changes
- Access to affordable health and liability insurance and other benefits
- Guarantee of timely and reliable subsidized child care payments, which reflect the true cost of care
- Unite diverse providers into one strong voice
- Ensure consistency and fairness in rules and regulations
- Improve relationships with advocates and legislators to address child care practices, which benefit providers and children
- Provide up-to date resources to help members maintain high-quality standards
- A team of trained peer advocates who work on child care issues and offer support
Click here to view our Constitutional Amendment
Click here to view our Executive Order
Click here to view our Wisconsin CCPT Contract
See what providers are doing in other states
Links to providers in these areas will be added as they become available.